If you’re looking to rent a vehicle, it is important that the vehicle is appropriate for the reason you need to use one. For example, moving homes would likely require a van, rather than a car, to safely move everything. But which is the cheaper option, a car or a van?
In this blog, we will answer the question ‘How much to rent a car for a week UK?’
North London Van & Truck Hire Ltd is here to provide solutions for you. With over 30 years of experience under our belts, our services are valued and recognised in North London and beyond. Our expertise is to help you find the right van, for the right job.
Our fleet includes small, medium and large vans, in addition to mini buses, automatic vans, electric vans and more!
What are the benefits of rental over buying?
Renting a vehicle ensures you have fewer worries and responsibilities than if you are buying a vehicle outright. Reputable rental companies ensure that their vehicles are all of an efficient, clean and road-safe standard.
Renting a vehicle means that you aren’t stuck trying to sell the vehicle after you’re done with it. Car sales can be a difficult and tenuous process. Rental ensures that you have nothing more to worry about once your rental period is over.
By using a rented vehicle, there is a far smaller chance that there are any technical issues with the vehicle during your usage (unless it is caused by you directly). This is because the vehicles are meticulously checked and maintained. This means no unexpected time at the garage, and no extra money to pay for repairs!
Rental agreements have stipulations regarding damages and technical issues. Be sure to read these stipulations and find an agreement that works for you.
Are there any drawbacks to vehicle rental?
Yes. Although this depends on your usage. If you are renting a vehicle, there are some issues you may experience such as…
- Not being able to rent the vehicle for the full period you require. (Because the vehicle has been booked during your proposed period before your booking was made).
- Being subject to additional charges as a result of poor maintenance and damages. A rented vehicle must maintain a standard, if your usage has resulted in the car being worse, you may be charged extra. This can be true for instances such as stained or damaged interior/exterior.
- You may be subject to a daily mileage allowance. This can hinder someone who is going to be driving extensively.
How much to rent a car for a week UK
The price for renting a car for a week in the UK will depend entirely on the following factors…
- The make of the vehicle
- The specification of the vehicle
- The fuel type
- The rates of the hire company
- Additional extras (if that is an option)
However, as a company that specialises in van hire, we are here to confidently tell you about the vans we have available to rent.
For a rental lasting a week, our current cheapest offer is just over £360 on our automatic mid-sized electric van. Prices will vary depending on the length of the booking, as well as the size and type of van.
Is it better to rent a van or a car?
When it comes to moving a large amount of items, whether you are moving home, or making deliveries, a van will always have the edge over a car. Vans are designed specially for carrying more items than the boot of a car can.
If you are only after an option to get from A to B, a car would be the more efficient choice.
Do I need a different licence to drive or rent a van?
No. If you are trying to drive a lorry, you would need a HGV licence. However, driving a van would only require a normal valid driving licence.
- Driving Licence — Must be held for at least 12 months, with no serious endorsements.
- Proof Of Address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement).
- Credit or Debit Card
- DVLA Check Code (of the driver)
Can I hire a van online?
Yes. With North London Van & Truck Hire Ltd, our hiring process is incredibly efficient and simple. Here is what you need to do.
- Head to our website
- Select your pick-up location, followed by return location, pick up date, pick up time, drop off date, and drop off time. Then press enter.
- Select the van you require. (Please note that availability will change as other people are making/have made bookings).
- After choosing the van, follow on to the next page, where you can select any add-ons you may require.
- After selecting add-ons, follow on to the next page, where you need to enter personal details.
- If your personal details comply with our requirements, we will present a quote, which you can decide to pay, or try another service.
- If you are happy with this quote, we arrange a time for you to come to the showroom, view the van, and complete the rental process by verifying the required documentation.
Can I buy the van I hire?
The likelihood is no, unless this was discussed and accepted beforehand. However, if you are interested in purchasing a van, including 4×4 cars, you can visit our friends at Hearts And Essex Van Sales.
The wide range of options supplied, including the payment options available, make this a valid option over long-term hiring of a van. Of course, this is all subject to your circumstances.
Can I pay more than agreed when I hire a van?
Yes. Subject to the stipulations of your agreement, additional charges may be added to your agreement. For North London Van & Truck Hire Ltd, additional costs may occur if our fleet is returned in just some of the following states…
- Parts missing without informing us as soon as you discovered it.
- Broken/unusable without informing us as soon as it became like this.
- Repainted, or received modification, without our knowledge or clearance.
- It has been returned in an unmaintained state, which requires extensive professional deep cleaning/upholstery repair.
- It is delivered after the agreed time without disclosing any relevant circumstances.
- The daily mileage limit has been exceeded.
Although it may seem unfair to add additional charges, it is also unfair to return a vehicle in a worse state than it was given to you in. Especially when there are other drivers who will be using it. Additional charges are a fair and efficient way to ensure our vans are used responsibly.
We understand that in some instances, things can go wrong that are beyond your control. All we ask for is transparency and to be notified in any instance of damages that affect the vehicle during and beyond your usage.
Hire a van today
North London Van & Truck Hire Ltd has over 30 years of experience, which has allowed us to provide a varied fleet of vans suitable for a variety of needs. We encourage you to get in contact with us today to see how we can help you. Below, you can find our opening hours, address, and contact details.
In this blog, we hope to have provided all the answers you require when it comes to answering the question ‘How much to rent a car for a week UK?’ Whilst providing supplementary information to help you make an informed choice when it comes to van hire.
Mon–Fri: 07:30 am to 05:00 pm
Saturday: 7:30 am to 12:00 pm
North London Van & Truck Hire Ltd,
1320 Mollison Avenue,
020 3031 1097